Yesterday we reported that Ghost Recon Breakpoint has come under fire for a ridiculous number of microtransactions in the game. You can’t really blame the fans complaining, as you could even purchase skill points, weapon upgrade, crafting materials and more. These real money purchases could give players an advantage in the PvP component of the game. Now, Ubisoft has removed from Ghost Recon Breakpoint microtransactions from the store.
The Ghost Recon Breakpoint microtransactions that Ubisoft has removed are all in the Time Savers category. Apparently, these were released on the store early by mistake as they were only meant to go live later at an undisclosed date to help players who started playing the game late and wanted to catch up.
In a forum post, Ubisoft explains the situation, stating that:
Further, Ubisoft talked about their overall philosophy for the game, explaining that they always aim to offer a fair and rewarding experience to the players, no matter if they play solo, co-op, PvE or PvP. Further, Ubisoft explains that two factors stood out as extremely important for the development team from the start, namely:
- doesn’t include any pay-to-win elements.
- To make sure that players not choosing to engage with in-game purchases do not see their experience affected. Players will be able to unlock skills and get access to plenty of varied loot & items by simply playing the game.
It is good to see that Ubisoft is listening to player feedback and rectifying the mistake with Ghost Recon Breakpoint microtransactions that weren’t supposed to be live on the store yet. We will have to wait and see when the developer decides to reenable the Time Savers for the game.
What do you think about the change Ubisoft has made to the Ghost Recon Breakpoint microtransactions? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Valve Provides CS: GO Majors Update For The 2020 Season - 13th Nov 2019
- Microsoft Releases The Windows 10 November 2019 Update - 13th Nov 2019
- Naughty Dog Hiring for an Unannounced Multiplayer Game - 13th Nov 2019