The second annual Comic Con Africa 2019 took place over the past weekend at the Gallagher Estate Convention centre, featuring guest stars, esports, cosplay, comic writers, 300 exhibitors and much more, putting an emphasis on geek culture. Now, after the dust has settled, the Comic Con Africa 2019 visitors number has been revealed and it is truly impressive.
The event had over 71,000 visitors over the past weekend and from Marco’s thoughts on the event which you can read above, it sounds great and it was clearly packed. Some very impressive statistics, including the visitor number, were revealed in a press release, explaining that:
Will all the other great things to see, do and buy, you might have missed the esports tournaments that took place at the Gallagher Estate Convention centre and their prize pool of R1.3 million is very impressive for South Africa. Check out the winners of the esports tournaments at the event below.
Telkom VS Gaming Tournaments
- CS: GO
- First place: Energy Esports
- Second place: Big 5
- First place: Goliath Gaming
- Second place: Sinister 5
Red Bull’s Hit The Streets Street Fighter V
- Jesse “GXJes” Shabangu will proceed to the Grand Finale in Cape Town
Congratulations to all the winners of the Telkom VS Gaming tournaments and to the event for attracting such an impressive number of visitors.
What do you think about the Comic Con Africa visitors number and did you attend the event? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- MDL Chengdu Major Playoffs Heat Up – Day 3 Schedule and How to Watch - 19th Nov 2019
- New CS: GO Operation, Shattered Web, Released by Valve - 19th Nov 2019
- Half-Life: Alyx Officially Announced – Valve Will Unveil it This Week - 19th Nov 2019