With over 10 million copies sold, the PS4 exclusive from Guerrilla Games, Horizon Zero Dawn, is no doubt a massive success and it is pretty obvious that the developer would be working on a sequel at some point in the future. Now, it looks like Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is in the works as Guerilla Games is hiring in multiple positions for an upcoming project.
Over on the developer’s website, Guerrilla Games is looking for a “Technical Vegetation Artist” and a whole bunch of other high-level positions. While all the other positions do not mention Horizon Zero Dawn, the Technical Vegetation Artist does and the description of the job points towards Horizon Zero Dawn 2.
Further, the tasks for this position have been detailed:
- Help with the creation of vegetation assets that are used to dress the game world;
- Optimize our game’s content to run within memory and fit our performance requirements;
- Resolve any of bugs to improve playability and the overall quality of our game;
- Collaborate with other Guerrilla developers to meet the narrative, quest, and design requirements;
- Analyze, plan, and collect references for the assets that need to creation.
As you can see, the job description specifically mentions Horizon and we all know how beautiful the vegetation in the original PS4 exclusive game is. There is little doubt, therefore, that Guerrilla Games is hiring for work on Horizon Zero Dawn 2.
At the time of writing, the game has not been officially announced and with the PS5 set to release in Holiday 2020, this is likely a next-gen title.
What would you like to see from Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and what did you think of the original? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Valve Provides CS: GO Majors Update For The 2020 Season - 13th Nov 2019
- Microsoft Releases The Windows 10 November 2019 Update - 13th Nov 2019
- Naughty Dog Hiring for an Unannounced Multiplayer Game - 13th Nov 2019