Xiaomeng “Liooon” Li has become the first-ever woman to win a BlizzCon esports title at this year’s BlizzCon 2019 as she defeated opponent after opponent in the Hearthstone 2019 Global Finals. Xiaomeng “Liooon” Li is also the first-ever woman to win any major tournament of any Blizzard esports title.
Xiaomeng “Liooon” Li was a powerful force in the Hearthstone 2019 Global Finals, defeating Kevin “Casie” Eberlein in the semi-finals 3-2 and then moving on to the grand finals where she beat Brian “bloodyface” Eason 3-0 to claim the title in a historic moment.
As reported by ESPN, Xiaomeng “Liooon” Li told the crowd after the HearthStone 2019 Global Finals win that:
For her win at the HearthStone 2019 Global Finals, she took home $200,000 of the $500,000 prize pool. In Rand at the current Dollar to Rand exchange rate, she won nearly R3 million.
#VKLiooon: “I just wanted to encourage women to compete, and if I did that, it was a success.”
— ESPN Esports (@ESPN_Esports) November 3, 2019
Find the prize pool distribution and players for the Global Finals below:
- First: $200,000 — Xiaomeng “Liooon” Li
- Second: $100,000 — Brian “bloodyface” Eason
- Third-fourth: $50,000 — Kevin “Casie” Eberlein, Gao “Leaoh” Yang
- Fifth-sixth: $25,000 — Kim “Surrender” Jung-soo, Christos “Fenomeno” Tsakopoulos
- Seventh-eighth: $25,000 — Francisco “PNC” Leimontas, Chen “tom60229” Wei Lin
Did you catch the Hearthstone tournament and what do you think about Xiaomeng “Liooon” Li’s achievement? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Valve Provides CS: GO Majors Update For The 2020 Season - 13th Nov 2019
- Microsoft Releases The Windows 10 November 2019 Update - 13th Nov 2019
- Naughty Dog Hiring for an Unannounced Multiplayer Game - 13th Nov 2019