During The Walt Disney Company’s Investor Day, the company gave an extensive overview of what’s to come from the streaming service it announced earlier this year. This included details of the launch date, pricing details and the content the company’s planning on adding to Disney Plus, which includes exclusive streaming rights to all 30 seasons of The Simpsons.
The Disney Plus streaming services will launch in the US on 12 November 2019 and will cost costumers $6.99 per month. The company plans to roll the service out globally within the next 2 years.
On launch, the service will host a big library of content, which now includes all 30 seasons of The Simpsons after the company gained rights to the popular show when it acquired Fox.
— Disney (@Disney) April 11, 2019
The company has a collection of more than 7500 TV episodes and 500 movies, which includes family-friendly Fox titles like Malcolm in the Middle, The Sound of Music, and The Princess Bride.
The company also confirmed that during the first year of the service being on the market, it plans to release more than 25 original shows and 10 original movies, documentaries and specials.
Some of the original content announced by Disney for its service, include:
- Untitled Loki series starring Tom Hiddleston.
- The Mandalorian – the world’s first scripted live-action Star Wars series being created by Jon Favreau.
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier – a live-action series with Anthony Mackie returning as Falcon and Sebastian Stan reprising his role as Winter Soldier.
- The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title) – an animated film featuring many of the original voice cast.
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum – a documentary series where Goldblum pulls back the curtain on a seemingly familiar object to reveal a world of astonishing connections, fascinating science and a whole lot of big ideas.
- WandaVision – a live-action series with Elizabeth Olsen returning as Wanda Maximoff and Paul Bettany reprising his role as The Vision.
- Marvel’s What If…? – the first animated series from Marvel Studios and takes inspiration from the comic books of the same name. Each episode will explore a pivotal moment from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and turn it on its head, leading the audience into uncharted territory.
You can register your email HERE to be notified when Disney+ launches in your county.