The second event forming part of the Borderlands Anniversary celebrations start today (8 October 2019) and developer Gearbox Software has revealed the most important details of the Borderlands 3 Rare Spawn Hunt. Vault hunters will be able to farm rare spawns in the game for some sweet, unique and shiny loot for an entire week with increased drop chances for some legendaries they carry.
Let’s kick things off with the start times and then move onto which Borderlands 3 Rare Spawn Hunt you will be able to farm this week.
Start Times & Micro Patch
Gearbox Software revealed the start time and date of the Borderlands 3 Rare Spawn Hunt as 8 October 2019 at 09:00 PDT which for South Africans is 18:00. The event will be enabled via a micro patch, which means you will need to verify that you are online (basically just wait a bit while booting up the game) and hang around in the main menu to make sure the patch is applied before heading into the game.
Rare Spawn Hunt Bosses
There are 14 bosses in the Borderlands 3 Rare Spawn Hunt that are guaranteed to spawn in their locations. Normally, you would need to get lucky to see one of the bosses spawn in an area but with the Borderlands Anniversary Celebrations, 14 of them will now always spawn.
This means you can find and mark the location of one of the bosses, kill them, head to Sanctuary and then head back to the area to kill them all over again until you get the legendary you are after. The event runs until 15 October at 17:59 SA time.
Gearbox explains in a post that:
There is some really awesome loot to be had from the bosses in the Borderlands 3 Rare Spawn Hunt event and yes, the Game of Thrones Easter Egg boss is one of them and she will drop a random Legendary Artifact. There’s also a Legendary Shotgun, an awesome pistol called Night Flyer and much more for you to farm. Check out the full list of bosses and what items they have an increased chance of dropping during the event below.
- Rakkman – Night Flyer, Legendary Pistol
- El Dragon Jr – Unleash the Dragon, Legendary Artifact
- Road Dog – Redline, Legendary Shotgun
- IndoTyrant – Random Customization
- Force Troopers – Random Legendary class mods
- Demoskaggon – Random Legendary Shield
- The Unstoppable – Band of Sytorak, Legendary Shield
- Thunk & Sloth – It’s Piss, Legendary Grenade Mod
- Maxitrillion – The Horizon, Legendary Shotgun
- Borman Nates – Psycho Stabber, Legendary Pistol
- Princess Tarantella II – Hive, Legendary Rocket Launcher
- Mother of Grogans – Random Legendary Artifacts
- Red Jabber – Random Legendary Grenade Mod
- Urist McEnforcer – Masterwork Crossbow, Legendary Sniper Rifle
Which bosses do you plan on farming in the Borderlands 3 Rare Spawn Hunt event? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Valve Provides CS: GO Majors Update For The 2020 Season - 13th Nov 2019
- Microsoft Releases The Windows 10 November 2019 Update - 13th Nov 2019
- Naughty Dog Hiring for an Unannounced Multiplayer Game - 13th Nov 2019