CD Projekt Red is working hard to finish up Cyberpunk 2077 for its 16 April 2020 release date. We’ve heard a lot about the game, including 29 gameplay details last month and now, even more, information Cyberpunk 2077 details have emerged.
These new Cyberpunk 2077 details come from Polish Magazine PSX EXTREME and were translated and summarized by Reddit user Arise92 thanks to an interview with CD Projekt Red, who revealed some interesting new Cyberpunk 2077 details.
One of the most exciting new Cyberpunk 2077 details has to be that New Game+ has been confirmed. CD Projekt Red hinted at the mode late in June but it is still unclear if New Game+ will be there at launch or arrive in an update at a later date.
This goes hand-in-hand with the game featuring multiple endings. From the interview, it is clear that the game will feature a lot of replayability, as even side missions will affect the ending, depending on what choices you make.
Further, the interview touches on pets, religion, sex, relationships, the main character’s flat, the skill system and factions. Check out all the new Cyberpunk 2077 details reveal from the interview below.
- Badlands outside of Night City is a hostile place. The flora there is very minimal and so is the fauna, mostly extinct or eaten with the help of a much worse animal – humans. It’s not a place you wanna go alone or unarmed.
- The Nomads living in the outskirts are Wraights and Aldecados. They have their own conflict and wars with each other. Wraights are up to no good with the player, Aldecados on the other hand, are slightly more keen to have a deal with you.
- The skills system is huge and tailored to your style of playing. As you level up you gain progression points, which then you can use on new skills and attributes. There will be 2 types of points. One for skills and one for attributes. The level of your attributes will let you install certain chips only available to each. Using one kind of weapon a lot will also make you better at it. The same goes for melee and hacking. There are also bonus perks, passive, active, and ones activated in certain conditions. On top of that, there’s Street Cred, which you gain through completing tasks. The higher it is, the more serious and dangerous quests are available to us, as we’re more “trustworthy”.
- Your apartment has few gameplay features inside of it. A place where you can check the internet/email and place where you can store your equipment, for example.
- V’s flat is important to the storyline and lots of meetings take place inside of it. Unfortunately, you cannot modify it, because decorating your apartment doesn’t really go well with the vision of a dark and gritty spirit of the game.
- AI and driving could be a bit better. Hopefully, it’ll get polished until the release.
- Stealing a car is not so simple, if you do it somewhere where policeman or gang can see you, you’ll be in some big trouble. You’ll have to fight or run and hide. Kinda like in GTA. There’s no jail though. Stolen cars/bikes will not end up in your garage, unlike the ones you purchased.
- Loot is important and besides all your usual stuff for crafting, weapons and armour, there are collectable items to find. If you like looting, it might become handy to install special chips that’ll help you find secret stuff. Of course, the stuff you find is also upgradable. NPC’s will also leave clues as to where loot can be hidden.
- Deep relationship system, you can befriend a lot of NPC’s. You can also become more than a friend to them, having multiple relationships all at once is also possible. Of course not every NPC will have the same sexual orientation as you, so if you wanna bang them…. might need to try in a different playthrough.
- Animals are mostly non-existent in the world of Cyberpunk, due to pandemics associated with them. You’ll still have a chance to see some pets, owned by the wealthy elite.
- Between the years 2020 and 2077 cyberspace got hacked by a famous netrunner. Since then corporations created “Blackwall” which cuts off the hacked and dangerous cyberspace from the rest of the infrastructure. Some netrunners tried to explore the deadly side of it, but none has returned.
- The level of detail is captivating. Together with the atmosphere, it creates a very unique world.
- Religion plays a solid role in the world of Cyberpunk. In one of the missions we’ll explore a church with a neon cross, right in the middle of a sermon. Some people will often have old, classic TV’s in their houses, it can be because of poverty, but also because certain religions do not allow certain things.
- NewGame+ will be a thing and is worked on.
- Game’s ending will be dependant on our choices, but also side quests will have a noticeable role during the story, as well as at the end of.
Every time more new Cyberpunk 2077 details emerge the game just sounds better and better and we simply can’t wait for the game to release on 16 April 2020 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
What do you think about all the new Cyberpunk 2077 details and are you excited for the game? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Get 10 Free Switch Games Over The Holidays, Starting Now - 11th Dec 2019
- Babylon’s Fall From Platinum Games Gets First Gameplay Trailer - 11th Dec 2019
- Predator: Hunting Grounds Brutal Gameplay Trailer and Release Date Revealed - 11th Dec 2019